Thursday, July 28, 2005

Blogging, Take 2

Well, let's just try this again. I can't believe I've let so many months go by, but here were are just a couple of weeks from Jack turning two and a half. There's been so much happening that I can't even begin to try to catch up from where I left off. The biggest thing is, of course, Jack's talking non-stop these days. Talking and yelling and singing and just plain having a good old NOISY time. Most of the time I love it, but there are times I just long for a little quiet.

This past week has been a pretty slow one for us. The concerts in the park are over on Wednesday nights, and Miranda hasn't been here all month, so we've had fewer things to do. Monday, though, we had two outings before noon! First, I took Jack to the McDonalds Playland for a MOMS Club breakfast. We'd never been there before and I suspected that Jack wouldn't want to climb in the big structure. He did, however, really like to hop down the platforms holding onto my hands and yelling "Wheeeeee" at the top of his lungs.

After that, we headed to Pam's for a support group get together. There weren't too many of us there, but Jack sure had fun playing with Scheeli. He told me over and over how much he "loves that Scheeli." They really play nicely together and it's too bad they're moving next month.

We didn't go anywhere on Tuesday so I got a few things done around the house, but on Wednesday, the weather was far too nice to stay inside. I got my courage up and we headed to the Topeka Zoo all by ourselves. What a nice day we had! Jack loves the hippos more than anything and spent a long, long time just watching them swim around in their inside pool. He decided that they must be mama and baby because one is "a little huge" and the other one is "a lotta huge." He even ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch while watching the giraffes roam around. We had a really fun time together.

Today was uneventful again. I did some housework, we made a button frame to send to "Nama and Dapa on the farm," and we played in the wading pool. Jack did say some awfully cute things today, though. While he was eating his lunch, he looked up at me and, out of the blue, said "Everybody loves me." He really cracked me up, but I assured him that he was most definitely right!

Then, when we were in the wading pool, he proved once again that he's my kid. He saw a wasp walk up to the edge of the water that had been spilled on the driveway and he said that it was getting a drink. So then, he had to take his bucket and spill a lot more water to make sure the wasp had enough. Sweet!

Here's a list of some of Jack's favorites right now:

Foods

Waffles
Rice and Beans (still)
Banana Pudding
Chicken
Corn on the Cob
Grapes
"White Stuff Cookies"
Carrots
Macaroni and Cheese

Toys

Playdo
Zig, Zag, Zog
Shopping Cart
Ball Popper
Toy Phone ("Hello... How you doing? Doing fine! Love you. Bye *smooch, smooch*)

Things to Do

Wading Pool
"Feed Little Balls to Fishies"
Play Catch
Build Towers with Blocks or Legos
Dressing Up
Crafts with Mama

Songs to Sing

"Now I know my ABCs, how I wonder what you are"
"You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine"

Oh, and last night, he showed us that he can add! We were carrying books to his room for storytime before bed. He had three books, he'd given one to his papa and I had one. He said that we had a "lotta books" and Jim asked him how many. Without hesitation, he said "three and two." Jim asked him again how many that was. This time he paused for a minute and said "five." Hmmmmm......

Here's a picture of the little man getting ready to go to the pool last week. Messy house, I know, but an awfully cute kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home