A whole week???
I can't believe I let a week go by without updating the blog. arg.
What the heck have we been doing? Let's see.... Last Thursday was the All-Member Meeting for the MOMS club and I volunteered to watch the kids in the nursery. Jack did NOT do well whenever I would pay attention to another child who needed a little comfort. Guess he's just not used to sharing his mom. We might need to think about working a little more on that.
Friday was a really great day. Miranda was over and we did a bunch of errands and then, since the weather was so nice, we went on a picnic with some of the support group moms and babies. It was terrific to have Miranda around -- I actually had a chance to chat with the grown-ups and let her watch Jack on the slides. She was great with all the little ones and we all had a lot of fun.
We did housework all day on Saturday, and then Rach, Trac and the Lukerman came over for a movie and rootbeer floats.
We tried to be productive on Sunday, but it didn't work. We had been invited to Anika's second birthday party, but Jack fell asleep in the car on the way home from Walmart, and managed to sleep all the way through the party. The rest of Sunday just managed to evaporate without us getting anything done. I hate Sunday evenings!!!
Monday, Jack and I went to the support group meeting at the hospital. We hadn't been in a long time and just wanted to check in. Jack colored and ran around the room quite happily the whole time.
Tuesday was rather eventful. Jack woke up early, so we got ready and headed to KC to try to beat the predicted snow storm. Jim joined us and we went to Toys R Us to shop for birthday presents. Then we grabbed Chipotle for lunch and Ken joined us. Jack's getting really good with the spoon and is MUCH neater now when eating his rice and beans.
We managed to get home with both Jim's and my sets of keys, so Jim didn't have a way home. And it was snowing hard enough that I wasn't about to drive all the way back to KC. So, Ken was nice enough to bring Jim home and take him again this morning. Guess we'll owe him a dinner.
Today was supposed to be the MOMS club babysitting exchange here, but nobody except Di RSVP'd, so we canceled and just went to our Books for Babies library day. A new mom at the library told me that she thought Jack looked just like me! Huh! Go figure. And tonight we're going to attend the AP group meeting for the first time. I hope Jim can't get home in time to go with us.
So... I'm trying to think of Jack stories from this week....
He's wanted to sing our "Little Red Fish" song over and over all week. First, he was just telling me different colors of fish for the song, but now he's telling me different animals, too. We've had a lot of "big grey whales" and "little black meows" going for a swim around here lately. He hasn't figured out how to say an "s" sound at the beginning of a word yet -- they're always "y" sounds. Also, he's replacing word-initial "f" with "w". So, when he asks for "mo wish yong" he wants to sing more of the fish song.
The other day when I was getting him out of the carseat, he was telling me "mama, ding." Took me forever to figure out that he was telling me that I had forgotten to press the lock button on the remote. It's makes a "ding" sound inside the car. Guess I won't have to worry about forgetting to lock the doors anymore!
He's taken the couch cushions and tipped them upright. That way, he can sit on the couch itself and then his feet touch the ground. It's like having a kid-size sofa just for him! It you put them back, he'll have them upright again in no time! Oh well, I guess everybody needs a comfy place to sit.
He's now sitting at the big table with us to eat. We've lowered his high chair and taken the tray off of it. He seems to like his new Elmo placemats! Here's a quick pic of breakfast the other day.
I can't believe my little man is going to be two already on Friday. Where the heck does the time go????


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home