Monday, March 21, 2005

Gosh, it's Jim's Birthday Already!

I can't possibly catch up with everything we've been doing over the past three weeks, so I'm not going to try. I'll hit the highlights and just start posting more regularly again. I don't even have any current pictures to add to this!

We headed to Nebraska the end of the first week in March to help Mom and Dad move a few things in Jim's pickup, and to bring lots of stuff back. I'm still working on figuring out where to put everything! Jim took the beginning of the next week off to surprise me, and we had a lot of fun and got a lot done. Jack got really used to having him with us, and that Wednesday, when Jim went back to work, Jack was pretty upset in the morning to find his Papa gone.

Tuesday, March 15th was our first Toddler Storytime at the library. Jack did really well for the first half, but then got restless and starting crawling around under the chairs, so we headed over the park across the street. I'm still trying to decide if we'll continue going right now or take a little break for awhile.

Last Thursday we went downtown for the big St. Patrick's Day Parade. We were a little early, so I decided to bop into the barbershop to get Jack's haircut. Boy, did he scream! And the mama wasn't very happy, either. I had asked the young man to leave some of the curls for the mama, but Jack's hair is pretty darn short! I keep calling him my little Marine, but everybody tells me that it's longer than that! I'm still not convinced.

On Friday, we went to Wonderscope with Miranda and the Church family for a Jim Cosgrove concert. Jack wasn't interested in the music, so we played in the museum for awhile instead. It was WAY too crowded, so we didn't stay long.

Saturday evening, we took Jim out for his birthday dinner with Rachel, Tracy and Luke, Rodger and Laura, and Jim and Diane. Jim had wanted to play some pool, so he decided that he'd like to go to JB Stouts. The pool ended up being really expensive though, so he only played one game with Jim Church.

There are lots of other things we've been up to, and Jack's been gaining language skills in leaps and bounds. He's really speaking in entire sentences, but he's still calling himself "baby" much to Grandma's dismay. Today he told me that "Baby lay down Mama's arm" when we snuggled up on his bed this morning. I think that's the longest sentence to date. He's also into counting everything these days. "One, two, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, fourteen, eleventeen." It's the cutest thing.

Other cute stuff... We've been playing in the back yard a lot lately. He calls it our "park" and we run around and push his play mower, we blow bubbles, and he can play for a long time in the turtle sandbox. He's finally starting to understand that the sand is supposed to stay inside the box!

I had told him that the bradford pear tree had an owie. I didn't quite know what he was up to, though, when he asked me to pick him up. He leaned over and gave the tree a hug and said "baby tree owie big hug." OK, so I'm officially raising a tree hugger!

Another day, he spotted the moon out in the middle of the afternoon. He said, "Moon, Mama! Get it!" I told him that I would love to get him the moon, but it was just too high for me to reach. So my little goofball stood up on his tippytoes, stretched his arms up high and yelled, "Then Baby get it!" I told him to keep trying!

It's rainy today so we're stuck inside. Don't know exactly what Jim will want to do this evening -- if anything. Neither of us really wants to be 41! Oh well, what're ya gonna do??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home